How do I get out of this frump and get moving!

I have recently become a stay at home mom due to lay off. My husband wants me to stay home. He is liking me being here and doing everything. I love taking care of him and my 15 yr son. The problem is everything is done by 10 am and I just cant find anything else to do. I have no motivation to do anything. I take a nap and watch stupid TV. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Same here! I always worked but SAHM this summer with 12 yr.old ds. I spend alot of time on the computer. I go to thrift stores just to get out. I was going to volunteer but I am going up north for a couple of weeks. I walk in the park but it is so easy to get in a funk.
    I'm going to find a job when school starts!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 4:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yoga! learn to sew? look up local classes. whether they are for excersize, crafts, anything! Join a walking group!?! volunteering is a great idea too!
    SaraNRiley

Answer by SaraNRiley at 6:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Go back to school
    Volunteer
    Run for public office
    Work out
    Start a business

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Do something that you always wanted but never had the time. Read that novel you always wanted to, plant a garden, learn a new hobby, take a class, volunteer, irritate your teen.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Join a play group for you son. At 15 months, he might start to like the interaction of others, and you have a chance to get out and do something together.

You sound really motivated... I say start a business!

Read "In Praise of Stay At Home Moms" by Dr. Laura. It's a good book, and there are lots of resources in the back for things to do. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:05 AM on Jul. 4, 2009

• Never mind, I thought you said 15 months! I was thinking to myself, how in the world does she do it all by 10am with a toddler! :) That book is still good though.
    squish

Answer by squish at 1:07 AM on Jul. 4, 2009