Witchy Women...

Do you see thunderstorms as a no no for practicing Magick or as an added bonus?

I have heard both, know how I feel and was just looking for opinions ...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I go for it. I look at it as a perfect opportunity for spell work. Not to mention a great time to charge your tools.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I think it's an awesome time for Magick and charging as you said... All the added energy is great for any type of magic... Unless of course you are casting to help your hyperactive child be more calm... then I don't think the energy is quite right... lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I dont think much about it honestly. If its storming I still do what I planned.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I have a very close connection with the weather in general so I use it (the energy) if it's needed...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 5:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Well, I am not a witch, but I know that I feel more powerful during a storm. And I know that ghosts and spirits are said to be more active during storms, as specially at night.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• what could be more powerful than a storm.. there is so much energy you could use to draw from...
    spiritguide is right on
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Added BONUS!

(Especially if you are working with Thor!)

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I love to cleans in the rain from storms, it just feels more refreshing than the shower, or grounding!! And since it is Mother Nature, I say it is a bonus. Just use common sense about where you practice and what you use (don't go under a tree and use a copper wand during lightning storms...)! Witches call on the elements and this is Air and Water together, so if you are doing a spell that focuses on one of them, then it will help...
    NewMom101

Answer by NewMom101 at 1:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Absolutely a added bonus! The energy in storms when harnessed for magik is very powerful indeed. It's a great time to cleanse yourself, charge your tools and become more aware of the powers of air and water.

Just use common sense when doing so!
    cateachinmama

Answer by cateachinmama at 2:04 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I was actually thinking about that the other day and talking to my husband about it. I have always felt connected to the weather. Thunderstorms freak me out (not sure why, but I think it has to do with my family telling me as a child that thunder and lightening was God being angry and/or punishing someone or something like that lol), but I feel much calmer if I'm doing something during the storm (magickal something, that is). I totally agree that it is a great time for charging things and I believe that it enhances our energy, if what we are doing lines up with the energy of the storm (as Sabrina pointed out with the kids being calmer lol).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2009