Is it wrong to want to be away from your husband and kids?

I have absolutely no me time i am a stay at home mother of two and i am married. I have friends but i don't have a life in some ways.

Jada111

Asked by Jada111 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Where are we going?
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Nothing wrong with that! Can hubby watch them so you can get some "me" time? Or better yet, get a babysitter and get some "us" time!!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Hang on......let me know when you go, cause I so need some me time too......
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• No it's not wrong, everyone needs time for themselves. One of my SIL's gets a hotel room in town a couple times/year just for the night. Up until this year (I'm due in a few weeks) friends and I do a girls weekend in September, usually in Chicago, but sometimes Dallas, etc... it makes me feel refreshed and renewed, I come back a better wife (and soon mom), because I had time to just be me without the usual demands. Heck even a day away helps, do you have some friends you could just spend the day with? Maybe lunch out and walk around the mall (you don't have to buy anything or spend a lot of money).
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• This is very normal. I remember for me going to the grocery store was such a treat. After spending a little time away, I actually could take a deep breath and enjoy things again. My mom use to come by and babysit for even an hour so I could go over and walk around the mall. Do you have any grandmas around? grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 6:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2009