Age difference

I am 24 years old and my SO is 16 years older than I am. We are very happy together and have a beautiful 6 month old daughter. But how do you feel about our age difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't feel or think anything about it. Good for you. You are an adult and so is your SO so that is between the two of you. If it works for the both of you then it works. Anyone who had other negative thoughts you can't control how other people think and feel. You can only control your attitude and responses. What matters to you is your business.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You are both consenting adults (as far as I can tell.) As long as he wasn't chasing after you when you were 13, I'd say your relationship is just fine! I was once in a serious relationship with someone who was 12 years my senior. I see nothing wrong with it. Love is a crazy thing :)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 5:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• like the pp said, you're both adults. Personally, I couldn't date anyone that much older than me, but if you're happy then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. =)
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You are both adults, and if you feel you're mature enough to handle it, then by all means do so. Age is only a number..if you truly love him and he loves you, it doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks...Good Luck and God Bless
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If you are okay with the age difference who cares what other people say. As long as you both love each other and support one another, then there's no stopping you. Go for it!!!!!
    Anonymous