I hate this Economy

I am going back to school in the fall majoring in criminal justice. But everyone is saying its hard to find jobs espcially in that field. Unless u want to be a cop which I dont!!!

Grrrrr!! My hubby is laid off. and is almost done with trucking school. but there is hardley nothing. I dont want to waste my time in school for 2 years for nothing!

This economy is such bullshit!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Agreed.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• It isn't just the economy. I certainly encourage ANYONE who can attend college and pursue a career to do so. However, unless the job you want has a high demand, it's almost pointless to put so much time & money into an education that you literally can't put to good use. My mother has a major in English. It's ridiculous. Her major is one that, time and again, gets made fun of because people can hardly find employment with it. She's in a completed unrelated field now. I make $11.50 an hour without a degree in anything. I love my job and wouldn't change it for the world. My fiance makes a little less than I do, but has benefits through the state because he's a technician at a mental health facility. He has no college education, either. I'm not trying to rub it in, just pointing out that people can/do survive & make a decent living without college. Good luck, though, I hope everything works out for the best!
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 5:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• True True

whispers- Many police academies look higher at finance degrees, such as accounting. Why? Because it's difficult & stressful, and criminal justice students are a dime a dozen. Plus, you may land a banking or office job as an alternative.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 5:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Education is never useless. However, I recommend gettinga broad background and some practical skills.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009