dirty diapers??

my son hasnt had a dirty diaper in 3 days now he is both breast and fomula feed is it ok that he hasnt had one yet?

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 5:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Our daughter's doctor told us that if she hasn't gone in four days, to give her a supository. Then he told us that if she does have a poop and they're hard and round, then she really is constipated. I would just talk to your child's doctor about it because she might need to be on a special formula or something.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• With EBF babies they can safely go up to ten days without a BM, but since he is also eating formula, I don't know. I would think that the breastmilk would help him to digest the formula and the iron content of the formula would not be a problem.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 5:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• This shouldn't exactly be raising a HUGE red flag, but I would call you pediatrician's office and see what they say. It can't hurt to atleast get some professional advice.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 5:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my daughter didn't go for about that long i called the doc and told me to get the lexative you but up there but and did that a few days to she got back to normal. she was about 3 month or so to.
    Anonymous