3 month old teething

Can a 3 month old be teething my son is really really fussy lately and i dont know if he is teething or what it is

Lacrisha

Asked by Lacrisha at 5:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I thought the same thing @ 3months! All the drool, the chewing on her hand like it was steak, the fussiness. Turned out it was a growth spurt which is normal at around that age. And, like the PP said, babies can teeth at 3 months, @ birth and mine didn't get her's till 8 months also. So, it could be a number of things. The best thing to do is go down the list. Is he hungry, wet, temp., in obvious pain, do freezies work? (frozen chew rings) It's hard to tell at that age what they are trying to communicate to you so just try every thing till something works! Good luck! I feel for you. ;)
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 7:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• They can, but its rare. Some kids are born with teeth. I also thought my son was teething at that time but he didn't get his first tooth until he was 8 months. Maybe his belly hurts.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm pretty sure I read in the Baby 411 book that they can. I'm trying to figure out if we are going through that with my 3 month old too. She drools a lot (but that is normal for babies in general too), likes to chew on things, is a little bit fussier, and is sleeping a little more. It's frustrating to not know for sure, so I sympathize!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 6:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months old and has 8 teeth. She started teeting at 3 months. I was pretty shocked when I saw that first tooth starting to pop up! I didn't think she would start getting teeth until about a year!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son was teething at 2months and he got his first tooth a few weeks ago, not sure if he was still in the 4month period but he is five months now. He gets fussy every now and then so I think another one is trying to push through.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 7:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009