help I'm so tired

My DH and I have been married 7yrs and together 8yrs. We have 4 wonderful, beautiful, healthy girls. Since our twins were born our relationship has been very rocky. I'm always tired and never want to do anything. For the most part I don't want sex or even interested in it because I'm so tired all the time. I want more than anything to have a happy healthy sex life again. What are some of the things you ladies do to help?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• I drink caffeine! That's right, it's the only thing that works to keep me going. Being a mom is demanding...especially when you're a mommy to multiples. Do you have a babysitter? If not, I'd recommend doing some research and finding one (or you could hire a couple, since there's four kids to watch.) You and your husband deserve some alone time. If the babysitter HAS to watch the kids at your place, make plans with your husband to go on a nice outing that includes a hotel stay. If the sitter can't watch the kiddos overnight (or if you can't afford a hotel) I say go for some steamy car sex! Just make sure you're in an extremely secluded area and that the car can, umm, accomodate the two of you getting hot & heavy. :)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 5:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oh gosh I am so sorry you are feeling this way. You are exhausted. No wonder you don't feel like other activities. If you possibly can, about once a month take a weekend off with your husband. I know it would involve getting someone to watch the children, so maybe even one night at a bed and breakfast or at a less expensive place. You and your husband can forget about home worries and just enjoy one another's company. Stroll around hand in hand. Eat a meal out. If you can't manage a night away, then a date night once a week. You need a break.

Answer by Bmat at 5:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• you def deserve a much needed break. i try & take 1 day a mo if poss just to my self...whether it be getting my nails done or just stay @ home & get alittle r&r w/ no kids or hubby for a couple hrs.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 5:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Totally understandable. You need a break. Go get your hair done or nails, even a massage. I usually will either go alone or with a girlfriend and go to flea markets and lunch and sometimes an early movie. Even a date night with hubby works great too. Try different things and see what works for you. You deserve some time off Mama.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Perhaps plan for 3 hours a week your husband takes the kids so you can do you stuff! That helps with your own exhaustion. Even if your just locked in the bathroom with a bubble bath! No need to run out and actually do something!
    Then as corny as it sounds. Fake it! Pretend youre into sex, pretend you want it. Approach him. he will feel 100 times better, and if he is happier you are likely to feel better too. Plus sex releases good mood endorphines right!?!
    SaraNRiley

Answer by SaraNRiley at 6:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• A nap here or there will help keep you up to sex. I would read a trashy novel and your mood will change. Where's the time for reading right? Well, you can keep the novel in the bathroom and just read a few pages at a time. Or just skim to the racey parts. It will help keep your libido up..imagination is key..
    mschanng

Answer by mschanng at 5:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2009