Democrats in Congress: Do as we SAY, not as we do????

The Affordable Health Choices Act that's being drafted by Sen. Edward Kennedy's staff and the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee -- will push Americans into stingy insurance plans with tight, HMO-style controls.

********It specifically exempts members of Congress***********
(along with federal employees; the exemptions are in section 3116).

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124536864955329439.html

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There you go spouting off again with those annoying facts. What's wrong with you? Don't you know political arguments are supposed to be based on what you wish was true?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• But grly, they're the CHOSEN few! They're entitled to their perks...they work so hard for us....they have our best interests in mind....they're so much smarter than the rest of us...they......

throwing up

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Massachusetts put in the kind of plan they're talking about - where you have to have the kind of insurance they demand or they will fine you to hell and back. Sounds like the perfect way to allay the fears of everyone living paycheck to paycheck without insurance, they'll just take more of the paycheck and still offer no insurance unless you take a part of it to pay for your own for the exact insurance plan THEY say you should have.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• "If legislation similar to the Kennedy bill lands on Mr. Obama's desk, he has an obligation to keep his promises to the American people and veto it" I'll bet my life savings that this DOES NOT HAPPEN!!! 

"And whatever health-insurance law is passed should apply to members of Congress. If it isn't good enough for them, it shouldn't be imposed on the rest of us."  I couldn't agree more!!!  If we are forced into something, EVERYONE should have it!!!

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 6:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Gee how profound anon 6:49, you must have really spent alot of time researching that reply.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Oh yeah F them for putting this truth out there.
    Anonymous

• 6:49 - Michelle is that you???? defending yo man?
    Anonymous

• yeah anon..."eff" the people that report on the movers and the shakers of this country!! what's the matter....didn't you get your stimulus check yet? I got mine two weeks ago....i'm living large now!!!
    Anonymous

• Most federal employees already have good insurance. I have verified their benefits, and posted their payments. Our Local BC/BS does the Federal Employees in the Syracuse area.. Sweet Deal.

They should be concentrating on fixing whats currently wrong. Not introducing something new. And people dont like the insurance industry. Hmmm do you really think the government will be any different.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 8:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Well, they are better than us, thats it. I bet most people don't even know this. I mean, why wouldn't they have the healthcare we are stuck with? I think it is obvious.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 2, 2009