How do you keep in contact with your loved ones in the military?

My sister is in the military. She used to call me almost every week. Recently she hasn't called and I've been watching the news. And don't like what I'm seeing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• where is she?? im sure she is fine... yea, like the others say... usally email, thru the mail as well but if they are overseas it takes FOREVER... she may be out training or something...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• email mostly, I only get phone calls one a month or so.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:16 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My husband is in Iraq and we talk online every day. He pays a lot to maintain his own internet connection but it's well worth it and much cheaper than calling. Where is your sister? Do you know?
    Anonymous

• email... my hubby calls me everyday and before that he had his laptop (which broke). Sometimes we go a few days. When my brother was over he would call every 10 days. Once he went a month because "time slipped away". They were both in Iraq. Watching the news made it worse for me, and something I refuse to do until he gets home. My hubby is Army, my bro is Marines.
    What does your sis do? Where is she? Is she married? How long has she been there? My hubby has been gone 12 months now and if anything were to happen, I would be the only one notified. I figure if I haven't heard from them or him, he is ok, just unable to make it to a phone. Sad to think, but it's better than assuming the worst. Hope you hear from her soon!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The days of e-mail and internet wow.
    How I wish we could have used that back when hubby was on Submarines. We had to use things called "Family Grams" 30 words (actually less because of your name and his name) to tell them how wonderful life is with out them. Don't want to give bad news, remember entire Navy is reading the thing, also the CO checks it out for offensiveness.
    Some wives were really creative with how they got their point across.
    Here's a good one.
    I want to plant my tulips around your fencepost.
    Wish I could remember more.
    nan4tjn

Answer by nan4tjn at 7:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• email
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009