my newborn has colic any suggestions?///

He is a month old tomorrow and has such a hard time passing gas have tried gripe water and colic pills but nothing relieves him. anyone know of some homemade tricks?

Moe727

Asked by Moe727 at 6:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• vibrating bouncers do the job for some babies. it unlodges the gas bubbles and even puts them to sleep. My Sister doesnt have a vibrating bouncer so she puts the baby in her carrier and put it on top of the dryer and turns it on.. the vibrations help.. Of course she doesnt leave her baby on top of the dryer alone. Just saying whatever vibrates can help as long as you make it safe
    Anonymous

• chamomile tea will help soothe him and relax him to help make it a lil easier..im going thru the same thing, my baby is a month old today and shes having the same problem...just make the tea like you normally would but only feed him an ounce or two and dont replace it with a feeding..do it between feedings, maybee before or after a bath..if he enjoys baths.GL!!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• and oh yea the vibrating bouncer worked really well for my baby.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• kinda depends on what the baby is being fed, many times colic like symptoms are from dairy sensitivity or from mom having an overactive letdown
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I USE TO MAKE ANISE TEA AND POUR SOME OF IT IN THE DRINKING WATER BOTTLE. SOMETIMES IT WORKS SOMETIMES IT DOESN'T. MY FIRST BORN WAS A COLICY BABY AND IT CAN BE EXASPERATING!!! WHEN THE ANISE WATER DID NOT WORK, ALL I COULD DO WAS ROCK HER AND CUDDLE. IT COULD ALSO BE HER MILK IS NOT SETTLING WELL, IF IT IS FORMULA ASK THE DOCTOR TO CHANGER HER MILK AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. HANG IN THERE, THIS TOO SHALL PASS!

Answer by older at 6:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I FORGOT TO TELL YOU TO TRY TO WRAP HER UP WITH A BLANKET LIKE THEY DO AT THE HOSPITAL, THIS ALSO MIGHT BE COMFORTING, REMEMBER SHE WAS CRAMPED INSIDE YOU FOR 9 MONTHS.

Answer by older at 6:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If he's crying because of gas then its not colic.

My dad told me to lay our newborn on her back and pull her knees up to her belly. Keeping the heels of her feet close together, rotate her knees in circles going away from eachother then back. It massages their belly and will help tremoundously with gas or constipation. If that didnt make sense, let me know and i'll try to find a video ;)
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 6:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009