• In the Spotlight:

Looking for an end to my Step-Mama Blues.

My step-kids love me....the 13 yr old girl loves me one day...hates me the next :-)..but their mothers can't stand to share their love with me. Don't get it? You would think they would be glad I'm not the WSM I've named myself as a joke.

2TimeWSM

Asked by 2TimeWSM at 6:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• It's their problem, not yours! If you love those kiddos and they love you back, then that's great. If their mothers can't accept the facts, they need to do some serious soul-searching. Why would a mom NOT want their child to have a positive relationship w/ the step-mom? It's probabaly got to do with some self-esteem and security issues. Just hold your head high and be proud. Let them stew in their own, hate-filled juices.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm sure the 13 yr old is not only fighting hormones she's also fighting guilt. Mom probably makes her feel guilty for liking you. Let it go. Accept it as she wants to like you but has loyalties to mom and hormones makes her nuts.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I share your pain. The only end is your divorce or her death.

Aren't I cheerful? :)

Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Sorry. my step-kids mom just wants the kids to be happy. It isn't always easy, but BM knows that regardless of our differences...we both have the kids best interests at heart.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009