Medicaid says I had insurance?...

Ok ladies I need your smarts ^_^
So i moved out of my dads in 2006 and he told me at that time he took me off of insurance. I was living with my mother, and was pregnant so I went and applied for texas medicaid (which i genuinly needed). I got medicaid, had the boys, got married, back on my feet and thats that. Well its 2009 I applied for credit for a laptop for school, i got denied checked the credit, negative report, medicaid says i had other insurance so they wont pay it. I went to the doctors many times and have never had this problem, i never even recieved a bill for this account! I called the same insurance company last year and they said i was not covered since 2006 but this year they said i was covered until 1-1-09. I know for a fact that my dad would not pay for insurance that was not being used. What do i do? Will medicaid try to make me pay back everything even though this wasnt my fault?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• They might try to make you pay everything back- legally I think they can. You should really get a hold of your dad and the insurance company and try to gather up all the paper work.

Some how you are going to have to prove that either you weren't covered, or that you honestly didn't know you were covered.
    GOOD LUCK!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 9:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Your father needs to contact the insurance company that claimed to cover you, the best thing to do is to bill your dads insurance, if it goes through, yea! the next step is to bill the secondary-medicaid, then they will pay the remainder of the bill.

If the first insurance rejects for those dates then you are all set, bring the rejection for the time in question to medicaid.

The rejection should say that the coverage has lapsed or billed after term, something of the sort.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• many times it takes insurance companies months to update their computer, its really annoying i deal with it at work all the time.

Bring the rejection letters from the other insurance if it rejects, if not just bill medicaid second.

They just dont want to pay the whole bill when another portion is being covered.
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• The insurance told me that they rejected it because I did not have maternity benifits, and that the pregnancy medicaid needs to pay for it. The insurance has never paid out anything for me ever, and I know my dad wouldnt pay for insurance that wasnt being used. They never sent me a bill, rejection letter, or notification of any kind.
    Anonymous