did my water break

or is it just sweat? I was just standing outside and all of a sudden my underwear were soaking wet! I had a little discharge and a LOT of wetness around it. do you think it was just sweat cause I was hot or should I go in? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hun, I think your water broke! That happened to me! BUT you may not be dialated very far. So it may still take a little bit. If you call your Dr. they will want you to go in asap.Good lUck
    MrsJenL

Answer by MrsJenL at 6:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• When your water breaks, you'll know it. Not only would your panties and pants be soaked, but so would your legs/feet and the ground around you. However, any amount of odd discharge should be discussed with your doc or midwife.
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 6:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• When my water broke it was during a really stong contraction that just came on. And it was a lot of water. Are you having any contractions? Contact your doctor just to be safe. Good luck!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 6:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• op here - when I had my son my sac tore so the water came out in tiny gushes. that was 3 years ago. I'm not contracting now but have been the last few days. I'm 35 weeks and 5 days... my son was born at 37.5 weeks... so I guess I need to go in...
    Anonymous

• well i know that when your water breaks it has kinda an pnemonia smell....im not telling you to smell your underwear or anything like that...but you will defianally know when your waterbreaks...good luck to ya!
    Anonymous

• Mine was leaking for awhile and I didn't know. But I do remember when I was in early labor the last night (2 days of fun b4 hospital) at one of my contractions i felt a gushing with it. I knew it wasn't pee so there was no other explanation? If its not urine you are leaking something. Go to the hospital and they can give you a strip test. Although mine took having an ultrasound to see it. Make sure you go in though bc my LO had an infection when she came out bc I had no fluid for over 24 hours and I had no idea. The only time I felt anything was that night.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• well I went in and it was nothing so I'm at home once again... thanks ladies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jul. 3, 2009