tmi...sorry has this ever happened "lost" tampon?

last wk went to dr. for my 6 wk check up however i had bleeding and foul smell didnt know why ..the bleeding was dark and blackish.very horrible odor well dr asked me if i forgot a tampon i said no..mind you this problem was prior to my appointment for 1 1/2 so today while in shower to my horror i was washing due to smell till so i felt something it was a tampon!! i was horrified it was there for 2 whole weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was in antiobiotics since i saw my dr. i had intercourse too but hubbie felt nothing and it was before the odor started..i called dr they told me as long as no other symptoms camew to finish my meds....i feel sooo stupid how could i have forgotten?has anyone gone through this...i as soo lucky not to get sick!!!!!!!!!! sorry had to tell someone to ease how stupid i feel....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Health

• omg wow.thats never happened 2 me b4.glad your ok though
    Desi2Sweet

Answer by Desi2Sweet at 6:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i am posting anonymous due to humiliation and feel;ing embaressed
    Anonymous

• There was a similar post to this last month. I'm starting to wonder if I smell a troll.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Wow. No that has never happened to me but I have heard of it happening to others. One time my fiance and I were going to have sex when I was on my period and I couldn't remember if I took my tampon out or not and I couldn't find the string so I assumed I had. Well when he went to put it in, I could feel there was a tampon still in there cause he couldn't get his penis in very far. So I took it out. That's weird that you didn't feel uncomfortable when you were having sex. I did hear of a lady from another country that didn't know you had to take the tampons out before putting another in and she had like 3 in her vagina for like over a month. She started having green discharge and a HORRIBLE smell before she finally went to the doc, and I guess the doctor passed out from the smell it was so bad. She almost died they said. That's crazy.
    Anonymous

• well if simil;ar post then i shouldnt feel so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! i havent been on cafe mom so much so i wouldnt know!!!!! sorry .....i am ore on other sites thought turning to fellow moms i would get some insight to me not being so stupid...i truly feel dumb...
    Anonymous

• i felt uncomfortable dint know why though........and the smell i never had so i knew something was wrong just never occurred to me i could forget to remove a tampon....and intercourse didnt hurt but that was way before the smell hubbie said he didnt smell anything but i could i felt so self conscience
    Anonymous

• I have heard of it, but have never had it happen to me or anyone I know. It is a good thing you didn't get sick, it can cause a horrible infection. Just chalk it up to a lesson well learned.
    :)
    Don't feel dumb, it happens.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:07 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• thank you i so will........trust me now i may never use them again scared..i was scared wondering what if i got terribly sick?? thank you to the positive comments
    Anonymous

• And that's why I wear pads.
    No bloody tampon fishing for me.
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 7:17 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• thats what i will wear from now one trust me......
    Anonymous