I recent got layoff. I have post my resume on career builder. They have option if you want your resume upgrade for more views. Their upgrades are some what reasonable to costly. Have anyone upgrade their resume for money was it worth it?

janitablue

Asked by janitablue at 6:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• I hope that your resume is written better than this post.
    Never pay to post your resume and never pay an agency to find you a job.
    You should post your resume on CareerBuilder, HotJobs and Monster. You should also set up search agents on one of the meta-sites, like Indeed or Simply Hired. You should have a profile on Linkedin - many recruiters are turning to their Linkedin networks. You should also be checking the jobs posted on Craigslist. You should be attending as many networking events as you can find. You should have a great resume, written in a human voice, and you should be crafting great coverletters letting employers know how you can help them.
    I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 7:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You should also look into your state government employment office. Most have websites where you can see the available jobs in your area and apply for them. Your local employment office can assist you with writing resumes, cover letters and can do mock interviews if you need assistance with interviewing as well.
    2BZY

Answer by 2BZY at 10:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009