membranes are bulging? whats this

What does that mean if your doctor says your membranes are bulging and your fully effaced? that all the are wanting is the contractions to start????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im not sure...but my best guess is your water will break soon and you will be in labor.
    Anonymous

• It means your water will break soon. Fully effaced means your cervix is really thin membranes that is your water sack so if it is visible enough and coming through a soft cervix your like any min now ready to go into labor.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Thanks ladies, my doctor suggested walking a lot today . Do ya'll know anything that yall have used/tried to hurry it up?
    Anonymous

• i was checked and my waters were bulging. it can stay like that for a while, but for me it only lasted 1 hour and then my water broke. effaced just means that your cervix is completely thinned out. but don't confuse that w/ being dilated. you can be 1 cm dilated but be completely effaced.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 7:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2009