Erie wasn't all that excited to see the vice president??

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/blogs/fortyfourthestate/

Biden fails to draw crowd in Erie
Posted July 1, 2009 11 :29 AM

Wattsburg, Pa. — Vice President Joe Biden visited a small town on the outskirts of Erie today to talk to rural folks about federal stimulus money that can be used to expand broadband access to the Internet for rural areas that typically have poor connections.

Apparently stimulus money and broadband are not all that interesting to the local folk here: Only around 100 or so people have showed up so far to hear Biden talk at noon at Seneca High School off Route 8 in Wattsburg.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The room looked so sparse that about 30 or so chairs were removed by volunteers to give the illusion of a full house.

The effect didn't exactly work.

Pittsburgh native and Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack and Congresswoman Kathy Dahlkemper are also on hand to talk about access to high speed internet as an essential tool for success in business and in school in our struggling economy.
    Anonymous

• What a waste of money. Id rather keep my money and stimulate the economy myself instead of my tax dollars going to expand internet ugh.
    Anonymous

• I agree what a waste of freaking money. There are more important things to be using that money on and they want to use it on something as insignificant as Rural internet connection? wtf!
    Anonymous

• Huh, I woulda shown up just to see if he'd make an ass of himself. It's like the Springer show coming to town.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• LOL NP poor Biden what a blow to the ego
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• LOL, NP, I was thinking the same thing.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:43 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• "used to expand broadband access" Biden was probably expecting bra models to walk on stage.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 7:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• What a waste of money

Well, seeing as how people with access to internet have more oppurtunities for jobs and education, I would think it would be a fabulous use of money. The best schools utilize the newest technology...and it's almost impossible to get a job these days without some sort of computer skills and basic internet skills. Not to mention the wealth of information on the internet concerning health, finances, career, education...the list is endless. I've used my internet connection for SOOO many more things than CafeMom...but that's just me, I guess.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 7:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would have loved to be a heckler.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Carpy--Why do I envision you being dragged out of there saying "Don't Taze Me Bro!!!" LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2009