How come eating foods with sugar in it bothers me?

Like right now I'm eating a chocolate peanut covered ice cream cone and I didn't have any problems eating the chocolate w/ the nuts but in the cone there's plain chocolate and when I ate it, it made me feel sleepy tired,depressed and zapped my energy.I have this problem with other foods,like on a empty stomach I can't eat celery by itself without some protein,like peanut butter,so I need the protein to balance out the carbs but is chocolate carby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes chocolate has carbs/sugar. You are explaining common high blood sugar symptoms, I would go to your doctor and be tested for pre-diabetes and diabetes!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 8:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Try using agave syrup instead; it will not affect your blood sugar. If you would like some recipes, using agave, please contact me.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes chocolate has carbs, just like every other sugary or starchy food. Carbs change to glucose once they're in your digestive system, raising your blood sugar. High blood sugars can cause symptoms like fatigue, depression, irritability, blurry vision and a feeling of "BLAH". You're right with the protein, but it doesn't balance out the carbs, it just helps your blood sugar maintain a more even level.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I habe low blood sugar but I'm on high blood pressure medicine that makes my bood sugar go up,but thanks for the info; I shouldn't be anything with excess sugar it's just bad for me.
    Anonymous