My 10 month old sucks on his fingers like crazy!!

My 10 month old will not stop sucking on his two first fingers!!
He is teething but I give him all kinds of stuff for that and he refuses to stop putting his fingers in there. How do I get him to stop and why is he doing this? any help would be great!!

NicolePB

Asked by NicolePB at 7:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't understand why you want him to stop? Isn't it good to self-soothe?
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 7:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I don't have an answer for you, but my 11 month old recently started this too. She used to chew on the back of her hand a lot and I thought that was from teething, but she didn't get her first two till almost 9 months and is now teething again. So I'm wondering if it is a teething thing, or similar to thumb sucking. I'm thinking it will pass.
    Other wise, I do have a suggestion. My LO doesn't care too much for the rings either, but I got one of those food bags with a handle and I put ice in it and she LOVES it. You can get them at walmart or any where I think.
    DirtyMonkey

Answer by DirtyMonkey at 7:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• my 5 month old always has his fist in his mouth .. which i think is due to teething, so they will stop! eventually, i wouldnt worry too much about it.
    2cuteangels

Answer by 2cuteangels at 11:06 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• He has those fingers in there so much that when we are out at friends or familys homes they always ask why does he always do that and I always say he is teething but someone told me its because he was insecure so I was wondering if any of you moms have heard of that? I dont mind him sucking on them just not all the time because he doesnt talk that much as it is and then when those fingers are in there he wont say anything it just had me worried. Thank you all for your answers!!
    NicolePB

Answer by NicolePB at 10:08 AM on Jul. 4, 2009