Whatever happened to if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all?

Hell we don't each other on here and we don't have to like each other. But I am noticing more and more that most of the women on here are just rude and crude just because. I'm not talking about opinions. I'm talking about being rude and saying hateful snide remarks. This hasn't happened to me yet but it just bothers me when I go to read a question or to answer 1 and see it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes it pisses me off too. Dammit why can't we all just get along? WTF is this? Are we back in high school? Sometimes it feels like it...I wonder why so many women feel like just because they are HIDING behind their computer that it entitles them to be mean, snotty, rude, and many other things. I know that if the person they are replying to was standing right in front of them, they wouldn't say ANY of the things we all come across on here. Hiding behind a made up name and a computer is all-empowering, I suppose. How sad...
    I don't talk shit. I state facts. So get the fuck over it.
    LOL.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 11:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• doggone it. i took the day off and was away from my computer. What happened now? I always miss stuff!

Answer by admckenzie at 7:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• everyone has to be rude?!!? I may say some hurtful things but i don't mean too, I tell it like it is. ESP.. on the welfare subject.
    sorry if I ever hurt anyone.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• People feel they have the RIGHT to say whatever they want here in the USA. They never take into account that that right doesn't mean you HAVE TO say it.

Plus, if these same people were face to face, they wouldn't say half of the stuff they say. That's probably why many of them are posted 'anonymous.'
    mama_k228

Answer by mama_k228 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I didn't say everyone. I agree with you mama even though I have seen plenty of other remarks that were not from anons.

Anonymous

• I think ladies have a way on CM to say whatever they want to say, because they don't see the reaction or the hurt in the receiver's face/eyes when they say it. If we all met for coffee or something, instead of just typing and never seeing each other, the things that were said would not be so hateful and rude, I bet. Granted the really mean ones wouldn't be invited after a while, so it would also be easier to filter out the ones we didn't like....lol...
    dayziesnrozes

Answer by dayziesnrozes at 8:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I guess Thumper's mom isn't around. Is it a full moon? I don't know. Maybe, it's due to stress, worrying about bills, or making sure that last dollars are stretch as far as the all mighty dollar can go. Women vent. We can't keep it inside. Learning to let go is hard for us. So, if someone has been mean, there might be a reason but still no call to be mean. IMO
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I don't know why people worry so much. it is cafemom. and about real life, yes I do tell it like it is.. ! even my best friend has gotten mad at me when I tell her stuff she doesn't like. That is my opinon, and not meant to hurt anyone. once again I am sorry if I ever offended someone on here.
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I'm just generalizing but I'm guessing that many people who put up rude and snide remarks and use their screen name are not trying to be really hurtful. They may feel they're telling it like it is, or lashing out at somebody who has gotten out of hand. To me it seems like most of the really off-the-wall name calling and ignorant, crazed, hateful stuff seems to come anon.

I'm not saying that anons make twisted posts! OK, I'm quitting while I'm ahead, LOL!
    mama_k228

Answer by mama_k228 at 9:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• LOL, I understand mama.
    Anonymous