Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your husband all of a sudden didn't want to be with you any more and you don't have a job or an education, what do you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (9)
  • ask him if he would be nice enough to let you get a job first before you guys went your separate ways

    Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • tell him to get over himself. If he wants out then he can pay for you a new place to live, provide you with an education so you can get a job and be independent. Depending on how long you have been married, you can ask for those things in the divorce.

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • Talk to a lawyer and arrange that your husband will support you for a reasonable length of time for you to get job training.

    Answer by Bmat at 8:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • call my parents or any family member then make a plan to start a new life

    Answer by taina361 at 8:22 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • Move in with my sister, take my husband to the cleaners and get a decent job to help with expenses.

    Answer by SusieD250 at 8:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • make him miserbole since he broke my heart
    Then take a chain saw and split the camper and the boat right now the middle and take my half to the dump and take him for everything his worth

    Answer by looovemybabies at 8:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • First of all don't panick! Can you try to save your marriage? Do you still love him? If not then try to move in with a family member or someone you feel close to and go back to school and work part-time. I know your situation can be difficult but it's not impossible to get through it all on your own. In the meantime get spousal support from him and if you have kids together get child support as well. You can make it without him if he decide to leave!!!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • OP here...I'm a SAHM with 3 kids, I'm pretty young and I barely finished high school when I had my first. I thought we were going to be together forever, idk what happened! I was thinking about getting welfare because I can't get a job. I just want to stay at home with the kids while he works, but he is seriously talking about leaving. I don't think there is another woman in the picture, it's not that, he doesn't love me I guess, that's what he said. He would be able to take the kids tho.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • I sympathize with you.. Don't know what I would do but getting a roof over my head and making sure expenses are paid is the first thing on my mind. Tally up the total of those expenses and demand that he pay for those. Then make him pay for some sort of job training and get a job in that field. He should agree to pay for this until you are up on your feet. Just take this as another experience in life and you will get something out of it at the end. New adventures are always a welcoming and refreshing start even though it may seem daunting right now.

    Answer by mschanng at 5:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.