invasion of privacy

I think its sad that I run my screen name through google and all of my posts come up. Its insane. From now on I WILL only post anon unless I feel I dont have to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in About CafeMom

• That's crazy
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• run your name, see for yourself
    Anonymous

• Hi,

At CafeMom, we take privacy and security issues very seriously. All privacy on CafeMom can be controlled. We believe CafeMom gives some of the best and most comprehensive tools to protect your security. But it is in everyone's hands to control their privacy, so we want to make sure everyone knows what is available.

Here is a link to our CafeMom Security and Privacy Tips. We hope that this information helps answer your questions about Google and other search engines:

http://www.cafemom.com/about/privacy_tips.php

Let us know if you have any questions. You can reach the CafeMom Team by replying to this email or clicking the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom of any CafeMom page.

-> The CafeMom Admin Team

CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 8:53 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You can read the links CM gave you but shortly: change your page to private or CM members only, change your widgets, photos and journal posts to be the same. Then you won't have to worry about. CM is as safe as it gets if you use the privacy options appropriately!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:33 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• .You can also use anon when you post in public forums like this one. Public group replies and forums can also be Googled. Cafemom uses the public forums as a way to advertise for new members so that people can look around and get an idea about what goes on at Cafemom. The most important thing is to set your profile to private or to Cafemom members only.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2009