Do anyone else feel that, when you post something, and someone "googles" your name... when your posts come up its invasion of privacy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in About CafeMom

• You can always make your page private or set it to CafeMom members only. Also set each and every widget, photo and journal post the same way. That lessens the chances of "the public" seeing anything through a google search.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:32 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I understand that anything I post online is visible to the world. It's why I don't give out personal information.

Answer by Bmat at 8:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• what Bmat said, && also they would have to know you or be a member of cafemom to know your screenname in the 1st place.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Do people do that? I do not use any personal info on here maybe you can change your preferences so that does not happen.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 8:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Well i use my name on several different sites so i dont have to remember a million different names and passwords.... all my posts on all sites came up. I dont think this info should be released and it should not be disclosed to anyone who is not a member of these sites
    Anonymous

• If you don't want your info shared, then don't post at all. It's not an invasion of privacy if you post something in a "public" place.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• its not "public" if you have to be a member to post
    Anonymous

• I am missing something... so if you put someones screen name in google you can access sites that require a password? I tried it with mine and it did not work.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I just did it and it brought up my profile page. I dont think its an invasion. Technically, anyone can join CM so it is a "public" place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Games for 2 years - 10 year old - Answers - CafeMom
    Jun 18, 2009 ... 18, 2009 by: Anonymous. Anonymous. I'd add Frisbee to the great ideas by teampalmer4. Answered at 1:16 PM on Jun. 19, 2009 by: ...

www.cafemom.com/answers/229355/Games_for_2_years... - 38k - Similar pages
    Does anyone know of a website where I can test my ...
    Jun 24, 2009 ... teampalmer4. teamp... Ask your school to do it. ... teampalmer4. teamp... oh and here is a free website that is pretty good.. of course they ...

www.cafemom.com/answers/233804/Does_anyon... - 38k - Similar pages
    Do anyone else feel that, when you post something, ...
    teampalmer4. teamp... Do people do that? ... teampalmer4. teamp... I am missing something... so if you put someones screen name in google ...

www.cafemom.com/answers/239713/Do_anyo... - 5 hours ago - Similar pages
    Spinoff professions post: People joining the ...
    teampalmer4. teamp... I think what makes
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2009