What will you share with your kids?

OK, I was reading that fun post about what you were doing 10 years ago and it seems a lot of us were a bit wild! What will you tell your kids about your youth?

teampalmer4

Asked by teampalmer4 at 8:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'll be as open as my husband feels comfortable with. DH and I are still at odds over this one. He was the model child and adult, and I was a great child, but was pretty wild between 18 and 20.

I don't have a problem sharing stories with my children, and if I ever have a little girl, I will be sure to fill her in on my youth, especially when she hits 16-18. I was VERY naive, and was pretty lucky that worse things didn't happen to me.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 9:14 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• anything they want to know, that's what my mom did with me
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:40 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Depends on when he asks. But I won't keep secrets, I made a LOT of mistakes growing up and I don't want him having the misconception that I was a perfect child. I want him to be able to learn from my experiences and hopefully not do what I did.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• almost everything, including my pick me up stash (candy) only time will tell.
    loverbug1

Answer by loverbug1 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• As much as I can. It's the only way he'll know about his grandparents.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Well most of it. There are a few details I might leave out. But I will also inform her that there will not be much she will be able to get away with. I got away with a whole lot because my parents didn't really get what was going on sometimes. Like my parents never smoked pot so didn't know the smell or anything. I used to come home high as hell and they had no idea. My daughter I could tell in about half a second. But there are some things she really won't need to know.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Their dad and I agreed to tell them NOTHING! We were both crazy growing up and now that we're grown we realize it's not okay and don't want our kids thinking it's okay for them. I will talk to them about how to handle different scenerios, but they don't need to know. Maybe some people had a more mild youth LOL.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 11:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2009