do i have right to be upset?

so my hubby is a tow truck driver and works lots of hours in winter. well i just got a part time job at a gas station and i said so when winter hits i guess you cant pick up as many extra hours when i work so you can watch baby.. he yelled at me and said no cause his job bring in the real money and i got mad and he said fine i wont work and you can support us both. hes like well bring baby to mother in laws.. well mother in laws round trip is 40 miles the gas station is 1 mile away if that.. do i have a right to be upset that he got so mad at me over it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• i would be upset too honey
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You have the right to feel however you want to feel. Right or wrong. Although, I probably would have ripped off his head for acting like that to me. He's being ridiculous.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• You were right to be upset. I wonder what is going on with him that he reacted this way. He feels threatened, it would appear, as if someone is applying too much pressure on him and he is lashing out. He may be worried about money and feels that his family (you, baby, him) would be in financial trouble if he turned down work. And I know that turning down work is a bad thing, because you lose not only that customer but possible future customers. So he is right for not wanting to turn down work, but why he jumped at you is the concern. There's something else going on there. Anyway, see if you can hire a sitter.

Answer by Bmat at 8:51 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• you have he right to be mad but talk to him about it maybe he want to be the one taking care of you and you kid(s) i he felt like you was trying to take it from he. he may not meant it to be hurtfull he may just want to take care of you and you child(en) and it made him feel like you thought he couldnt.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't think you were wrong because he could have explained things calmly, but men usually don't. However, he also had a right to be angry too. The way I was raised, a full time job takes precedence over a part time job. Most full time jobs are the ones that carry the benefits over the part time job, also if he is working for someone else, the years he has in matter too. Compared to something that could be over in a few months, as layoffs tend to occur to the newest hires first.

But I think what he was reacting too is the fact that you were implying that your job was more important than his and that his schedule should acommodate yours. If he's the primary breadwinner, then his job should be the priorty. Sorry it just makes sense.
    Anonymous

• I agree 100% to what anon said above me.
    To add to that, your job as mom is more important then anything else.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• op- here ty for the answers.. but i never implied that mine was more important i just mentioned that i might have to have him not work a couple extra shifts here and there and he went off.. to me it was childish he works 100+ hrs in winter a couple shifts off would actually do him well to relax for a change. and i was nice bout it all and he went off. that's what bothered me how he went off bout it. and to the last answer yes being a mom is important but sorry its not the MOST important when ends don't meet and cant afford all the bills.. being able to support your kid financially is the main goal so she has a house over her head. and if that means daycare and both working then that's what it means.. yes mom important supporting family financially also important
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2009