tips on potty training 18 month old girl?

jessykah

Asked by jessykah at 9:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't have a little girl, however there are several things you can do. A potty chart works WONDERFULLY with alot of children. Just give her stickers when she goes potty in her chair. Letting my son wash his hands worked great, too. I also let my son around naked which helped alot, but I waited until I was sure he could hold it first. Try to make it fun. I've heard of other moms offering candy, and other incentives.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 9:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes

Wait until she is ready. 18 months is too early.
    Anonymous

• I had my dd potty trained by 18 months first off make sure she's ready watch for her pulling at her dirty diaper or taking it off. Get her big girl panties don't use pull ups there a waste of money, get her her out little potty get some stickers and fake jewels and let her decorate it to make it hers. When she potties in it make a BIG deal out of it! Clap and say wow that was a good job your such a big girl and let her know that you are proud of her (kids love to make mommy and daddy proud). I skipped the candy thing I don't let my dd have a lot of candy, but you could try a small doll they have some that cost 97 cents at Wal-mart or make a chart for her to put stickers on and when she potties for a week without an accident give her a special treat or take her to McDonald's or something fun for you to do together.

aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My daughter just turned 19 months old and the day she turned 18 months...my husband and I bought her a potty training toilet and she has used it twice...to poop and pee. That was exciting. We ask her if she wants to use the potty and she'll either say yes or no. If she does, great...if not, I say, that's okay next time. We're not stressing it too much, right now. As she gets closer to 2, we'll get more serious about it...that is, if she hasn't become potty-trained before then.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 6:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2009

• thank you for you answers. they help alot. tonight i put her on her little potty while i went. she also went. i made a big deal about it and clapped and said good girl you went potty. i also gave her a sucker. i know it was only once and she might still be a little too young, but at least she somewhat gets the idea.
    jessykah

Answer by jessykah at 10:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2009