How do you soothe these Braxton Hicks!?

So here I am 34 weeks and expieriancing horrible Braxton Hicks. My doctor told me to lay on my left side and drink plenty of water, and that should help...it helps but are there any other methods to soothing these annoying and horrible pains??

mommyin08of09

Asked by mommyin08of09 at 9:23 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• lay on your left side and drink plenty of water.
    Anonymous

• I've been having them for 8 weeks now and yes they suck big time. The only thing that helps me is to sit up with my back against a hard object. Mine usually happen in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning so I sit up against the headboard of my bed and they go away in just a couple min. If they do happen to start in the middle of the day I walk around for a little bit and they disappear, hopefully one of those will help you.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Take a tylenol and have a nice warm bath!
    Anonymous

• Well i called my docters office becouse tylenol and a warm bath just wasnt cutting it,neaither was laying on my left side...one of the nurses told me to take a dry towel and stick it in the dryer for a couple min. just to make it feel warm...then lay it on your bare stomach...and it felt great to me..yeah i had to keep reheating but i was looking for any relief i could get. It works since you cante use heating pads or heating blankets too dangerous.
    Anonymous