Is she teething or is it her obsession?

I have a 10 week old daughter. She's excellet! But lately she's been sucking on her fingers. Even after she's done eating. She also won't take her binki. She prefers her fingers. Could she be teething or just enjoying her fingers??

MissKellee

Asked by MissKellee at 9:39 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine hated her paci or binky or whatever you call it. She LOVED her fingers too. It's fine. At least you won't have to take binky away from her later.
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• That's what babies do. She's fine. Of course could be teething (rare at that age, but not unheard of), but, most likely just likes her hand in her mouth!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My son does the same thing. She isn't teething. They say that when a baby sucks on their fists it's because they're still hungry. I'm not sure that's true. When DS sucks on his fist or fingers I offer him the bottle and he spits it out with the most disgusting face like he's thinking "Yuck, mom! Get that thing away from me!" LOL I'd say it's just your DD's obsession. She'd probably be crying if she were teething.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My little boy would have nothing to do with a paci either from day one! We tried many different types and none were accepted! lol Around 5 months he became attached to his thumb. Again we tried the paci but he refused. He is now 10 months and I have just accepted him as a thumb sucker. There is nothing I can do at this point. I'll worry about it down the road.
    mommy2Brycen

Answer by mommy2Brycen at 11:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My daughter (9wks) is doing the same, and I was wondering the same. We have lts of drool too. Fun stuff! :-)
    kuulgrl80

Answer by kuulgrl80 at 11:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2009