teething and food

Ok. So my girl is 11 months and has been teething now for three months with no teeth making an appearance. . It has stepped up a stage and the only time she is not crying is when she is biting on something. (she is even crying in her sleep)
But she has stopped eating. She still drinks her bottle, and eats grapes, blueberries, loganberries, dehydrated apples, beef cubes. but she has stopped everything else. (I have to get the unripe berries because she won't eat the sweet ones) Since she has no teeth she needs things to be soft, but wants them to be hard. She will not eat any other processed baby foods. Every once in a while she will eat a toddler cheese puff. I'm running out of ideas. She suddenly does not want sweet potatoes, rice, eggs, cheese, pasta, soup, noodles, spinach, green beans or carrots.
I have been giving her Hyland's Teething Tablets, Motrin or rubbing her gums with Oragel, but she never wants to eat after.

elizabooks

Asked by elizabooks at 9:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oragel burns the gums and feeding them right after if you use to much can cause them to choke cause it can numb the throat . and yes they don't like to eat much when teething (pediatric nurse)
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 9:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My daughter and son-in-law got some teething drops that were all natural at the health food store. They work really well with no side effects.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:35 PM on Jul. 2, 2009