How to deal?

Okay.. I used to weigh 270 lbs! I know a lot right? Well I dieted my ass off.. Literally! haha I now weigh 140 lbs. Im pregnant and really really excited! but seem to be having a bit of trouble watching the numbers on the scale go up. I Feel like I worked so so hard and now im going to have to start back at square one.... How do I deal with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Health

• WALK IN THE PARK DAILY WITH A PARTNER
    MS.AVON1

Answer by MS.AVON1 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I completly feel your pain. After my daughter was born I was 217 lb. When I started this pregnancy I was 159. Which is still heavy for my small 5 foot 1 frame but I was very content at that size. I'm having a super hard time watching the scale go up. I know right now its all fat too. I'm only ten weeks so its not from the baby yet. I"ve gained seven lbs so far and it makes me want to cry. I'm so frustrated cause I'm always hungry. Like stomach rumbling hungry. Its driving me insane!
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Talk to your OB. S/he will tell you that around 25 pounds of the weight you gain is baby, placenta, and extra blood (about 50%). You need to gain that weight. You can watch what you eat and exercise, but you still will have an extra 25 pounds when all is said and done, and that weight should disappear very soon after the baby is born. I feel your pain. I lost 70 pounds after a lot of work, got pregnant with baby number 4, and only gained 25 pounds. I was so proud of myself, until I got pregnant with baby number 5. Now I have to lose 45 pounds to get back to where I was. Funny part is, I only gained 35 pounds and I have already lost 26. Ok, so not really funny, but you get the point. It really sucks trying to lose 70 pounds twice. Good luck!
    Amber115

Answer by Amber115 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2009