smell down there

I don't have an infection but whenever my boyfriend wants to give oral he freaks cause I smell down there. He told me I needed to douche but it doesnt work!!! What else can I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• if its fishy and you have a different discharge than normal than it is an infection
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would go to the doctor. I've never had that problem, but I'd rather go to the doctor for no reason than to let something that COULD be something get worse. If you go, at least you'll know. If it turns ot to be nothing, ask tour doctor if he can recommend a safe douche or cleansing product.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Wash with soap and water. Douching is very harsh and can cause irritation to soft tissue. If it continues talk with your Dr, you may have a mild infection.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• use a ph balanced cleanser like Summer's Eve feminine wash. I would check with a dr too. It shouldn't smell.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Douching is really bad for u and could be the reason ur still smelling. It doesnt jive with all woman depending on hormones. if ur sweating and thats causing the smell, put antiperspirant down there. Not inside, just where the hair is (or isnt) just under abdomen, and where everything meets the inner thigh. just one swipe in each spot will do it, it's not like underarms. Also if ur not shaving completely down there, u have a higher risk of infections, as shaving makes things more hygenic. The question is, when ur face is close enough, do YOU smell it? If not, tell ur boyfriend to brush his teeth cuz it's not you,just a stupid excuse
    Anonymous

• The deodorant idea down there is an awesome one. I never leave home without doing that because it just gives you a more confident feeling in case you start to sweat. I don't know why you'd smell unless of sweating, or an infection. Definately see a doc about it ok.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• 1.) Douching makes you more susceptible to infection. Your vagina cleans itself naturally and when you douche it cleans out all bacteria, including good bacteria, which ultimately opens the path up for infection.
    2.) If you can't smell it, he either has some seriously strong senses or he's making up excuses to not go down on you.

Try showering right before he goes down. Also, go get checked for infections. Good luck.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Wash it.. Like EVERYDAY!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Possibly everything is okay maybe your Bf really don't like performing oral so he tells you that to get out of it. I would go to the Dr to be on the safe side though so u will have a peace of mind
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 2:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Drink more water. Give the thongs a rest for a while (I know hard to do sometimes who likes pantylines?), Stay away from tight pants, see a doctor, shave the hair off, stop douching so often, and cut out all acidic foods and drinks, If after all of that he still says it stinks FIND ANOTHER BOYFRIEND!!
    RaiderMommy

Answer by RaiderMommy at 7:07 AM on Jul. 3, 2009