Prenatal Carpal Tunnel?!

Recently I have expierianced weird changes in my hands and feet. First it started with severe swelling, my mom told me that it was normal and mine was probably so bad because I won't just relax. lol Then my hands and feet began to tingle and sometimes are arms and legs would tingle as well. Then came a weird burning feeling when I washed my hands or showered (like running your hands in hot water after you have been outside in winter weather for a long time) My hands were also very stiff when waking up.

So I asked my doctor what the heck was going on!! lol

She told me it was Prenatal Carpal Tunnel. (it has a medical name but I don't remember it lol) She told me just to wear ace bandages on my hands and prop my feet up A LOT for the remainder of my pregnancy. (basically bed rest ugh)

Anyone every heard of this? Expierianced this? Is my doctor crazy? Is it something worse? lol Help....

mommyin08of09

Asked by mommyin08of09 at 10:02 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i've heard of it they talk about it in what to expect when your expecting..great book btw i havent had it so i cant tell you much more it is common so dont worry you doctor knows what shes talking about lol
    Anonymous

• I heard it's very common. I have it primarily in my left hand, and it gets progressively worse as the day wears on. My hands get so swollen now that if I'm not careful, my rings get stuck, so I've stopped wearing my wedding ring.

Fortunately, I have an office with a couch, so I'm able to do some of my work with my feet up. It helps. I also run my hands under cool water to help relieve some of the symptoms.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 10:25 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• yes i had it and it was HORRIBLE. my fingers were very numb and I noticed in near the end of the 2nd trimester till the end. it went away overnight a few days after my son was born! what i did to help some was massage them and apply glucosamine chondroitin
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I had it with all three of my kids. As early as 5 weeks. It sucks. Just wait tell you wake up and cant feel your hands
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 2:59 AM on Jul. 4, 2009