Can you get pregnant on the nuvaring?

I have been on it for 4 months, I am perfect with it, 3 weeks in 1 week out never missed anything. My boobs just started hurting 3 days ago and i'm having light cramps down in my lower abs. I am really nervous, I don't know if I am just having side effects or am pregnant. Just wondering if anyone else has gotten pregnant on the nuvaring?

Thanks

brookiesmama14

Asked by brookiesmama14 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can get pregnant on any birth control but you might be getting ready to start your monthly and the boobs hurting might be from to much caffine thats what my doctor told me
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 10:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yeah but I am not due to take the ring out till Sat, could I still be getting pre menstrual symptoms before taking the ring out?
    brookiesmama14

Answer by brookiesmama14 at 10:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i think so i never tryed it i was suppose to but didnt you could always call the doctor and ask
    mememe27

Answer by mememe27 at 10:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• If you are having sex, yes you can get pregnant on any bc. Even if you have your tubes tied or your partner has had a vasectomy. Sex leads to pregnancy. Nothing is one hundred percent except abstinence.
    Anonymous

• I know two people who have gotten preggo on the ring
    Anonymous

• You can get pregnant on ANYTHING! Did you not take health class?
    Anonymous

• I got pregnant on the nuva ring....
    It's the best little accident I ever had haha
    jachelle

Answer by jachelle at 11:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• no birth control is 100%, not even tying the tubes or snipping your guy or even doubling up bc methods. if you've had sex theres always a chance of pregnancy, i've even heard cases of women who would told they were infertile becoming pregnant. it would be very helpful if you took a local class at a jr. college or adult night school on women's health, it will help you learn exactly how your body works. good luck!
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• hey did you get pregnant , i am also going to try to start the nuvaring so that i can try to pinpoint when i actually wanna try to get pregnant i've been on depo forever and my bones are fslling apart i thought for a change , i'm hoping to hear from you to give me some kind of perspective.
    chedda

Answer by chedda at 12:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2009