Which house would you choose?

House A: BEAUTIFUL quiet area; walking distance to lake, beach, and playground, big backyard with deck, decent sized bedrooms with good closet space, cute kitchen with lots of cabinets, newer bathroom, living room with fireplace. Major con is that it has no dining room, and there isn't enough room in the living room for one either.

House B: Nice kitchen, big living room, dining room, decent sized master bedroom, very small second bedroom, plenty of closet space, one full bath and one half bath, both new. Major downside is RIGHT on main road. Backyard is nice and spacious but very noisy and open to the main road.

Keep in mind these places are for 2 adults and 2 young children, whichever place we choose we will be there for about 2 years. Thanks for your opinions!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would go with option a--even though it doesn't have a dinning room you can improvise, but it is a quiet area and not on a busy street.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• House A. I wouldnt want my daughter near a main road! I could live without a dining room, but not without my daughter
    Anonymous

• I vote A. I live next to a main road and I live alone. it sucks but the rent on my condo is cheap and I'm waterfront in FL so I stay

Answer by admckenzie at 10:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would pick House A. Right now, my house doesn't have a dining room and I hate that!! But, it has a GREAT yard and my kids LOVE it!! I love having a great yard too.... If we had recreation within walking distance, we would be in heaven!!

Every thing on the House A list sounds awesome!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• A if it has hardwood floors. B if it doesn't. We don't have a dining room and have carpet it's a pain in the butt.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 10:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• House A!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:47 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• House A. Deciding factor for me would be the main road issue...especially with two young children.
    momsc

Answer by momsc at 10:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• House A!
    BeautifulMomof1

Answer by BeautifulMomof1 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• House A... I would not live on a busy road. I like to be walking distance from nice places. Since you are near a beach if you have enough outdoor space you can invest in a nice outdoor table and use it as your dining area thru the summer. You can also get a card table that you take out for dinner and put away after. Dinner time is important together.

Or, you keep looking. From your tone it sounds like House B would be a disappointment. May be that neither is THE HOUSE...and you need to keep looking for the shoe that fits. Be patient and the right place will come to you. I have faith that it will.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 11:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I would go with option A -- Even though there is no dining room, I think it would be safer for the kids not being on the main road......
    reccles

Answer by reccles at 11:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009