• In the Spotlight:

Do you ever just not want to be touched or cuddled, even by your child??

Sometimes I just get in a mood where I don't want to be touched at all, even by my kids. Does this happen to anyone else, or am I alone on this one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes, there are times when everyone needs to get off me. I'm a very touchy lovey mommy, but even I need to stop feeling like a piece of furniture that all my kids need to sit on at times. I don't feel the least bit bad about it. It teaches my kids about personal space and boundaries and appropriate times for physical contact.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I don't mind taking the love my DD gives out b/c she isn't a touchy feeling kind of kid, but my SO I don't want to be messed with while I am sleeping. Don't touch and don't breathe on me. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:32 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes, I have super sensitive skin, so it happens often.
    :( it is sad for my kisa and hubby sometimes.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:34 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• YES! Sorry, but I am human. My kids are 10 and 14. I love them dearly. But honestly, when I am trying to make dinner (with a hot pot in my hand) the dog is barking at the kids next door, the cat is mewing under my feet, DH wants to know where something is, and the phone is ringing. Probably NOT the best time to give mom a hug! Or if its like the 3rd time in twenty minutes and there's nothing wrong, they aren't sick or upset, etc.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:36 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Sometimes I don't want to be touched by my husband but never by my daughter.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• My mom passed away a while back, but I used to HATE it when she would try to "coddle me". She was pretty much the only person that I didn't want to touch me.
    Anonymous

• yeah. I used to have to tell my kids that if they needed cuddles and hugs they'd have to ask for them bc I'm just not into being touched like that. Never thought I'd find a guy who was like that too but SO is. We're not into touchy feely.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• depends on my mood but most of the time im always up for cuddles from dh or the kids
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 10:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• All the time. I have a very wide personal bubble. I try not to let it show but I do not like cuddling and can only take so much of it before I feel like screaming. I'm sure my kids are always thrilled when I offer to hold/hug/cuddle them because I do it so very rarely. I just can't stand to be touched. I've often wonder if maybe there is something wrong with me. It was really hard when the kids were babies and needed to be held. I would sit with them for maybe 10 minutes before I had to put them down again or I would just lose it.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yes. It is usually when I am sick or very hot. I am human and it is ok to not want to be touched, even by our children. There are times my son doesn't want me touching him either. It happens.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 2, 2009