"I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"

Are there any moms on here like on the show "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant"?

If so, what is your story?

wyattsmommy626

Asked by wyattsmommy626 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do really know someone who didn't know. She found out at 24 weeks. I get a little touchy when people just assume because they knew everyone should know. It's not common, but it does happen and there are valid reasons for it. I think we all experience and interpret pregnancy different.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:45 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I didn't know I was pregnant for three months but nothing like the Moms on that show!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:46 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I have watched the new show and I think most of the Women I have seen have been over weight. I don't know how you wouln't know unless you were heavy. I don't get it but it happens.
    Anonymous

• I know someone who swears she didn't know she was pregnant until she went into labor. She was in highschool and was maybe 14 or 15 years old. Looks like all the weight gain in the tummy area would have tipped her off though.
    lighthousemom3

Answer by lighthousemom3 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• The show had several normal sized women on it also. Some never gained any weight or had two neg pregnancy tests, obviously you didn't watch close enough.
    Anonymous

• I just saw one chick on there that only weighed 110 pounds! So just because you are over weight, doesn't mean that your are less likely to realize you are pregnant.
    Anonymous

• I love that show. Except they make birth seem like an emergency. Out of hospital births are generally safe (unplanned ones less so than planned ones, though) and if the baby is coming out like a torpedo it's a sign that all is well :p I just love birth stories and these unexpected birth stories are fun for me.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Yeah, i dont get that show! they dont feel the baby move at all! some resume their drinking, smoking lifestyles and not gain a pound. that is just entirely too weird, and then the poor babies sometimes fall outta the shocked moms right onto the hard floor!! or into the toilet bowl!! dang it's just plain stupidity. i know some people cant tell their preggo until maybe the third month or so, but all nine months! yeah, it's yeah, weird. i'm not saying this to be mean or piss anybody off but how do you not know your preggo for the entire 9 months.
    Anonymous

• I believe these women whe they say they didn't know, but it seems weird to me. I had my daughter 8 weeks early, she weighed only 2lbs. and 13oz.. Even as tiny as she was it felt like she was dancing inside me she moved so much, and I felt every movement. That is the only thing I don't get. I have watched every episode of this show, and as far as I remember none of the women had babies that weighed less than around 5 pounds. Some had 6 and 7 pound babies. How do you not feel a 5,6, or 7 pound baby moving inside of you? Like I said I believe them, their babies just must have slept the whole time.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 11:26 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Some of these stories are scary. I didnt find out i was pregnant with one of mine until like 15 weeks becuase i didnt gain any weight or anything. Some of them seem kind of odd though. Like one i saw today where she said "oh i felt some movement but we joked and said i have an alien inside of me"? really if i felt movement i would be like wtf was that. Glad they all turned out okay though. scary scary.
    Anonymous