im 17 and i feel really depressed.

I try talking to my daughters father/boyfriend and he won't listen. And my parents are too consumed with their own lives. I feel like I have no one to talk to. Where do I go to get help or what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Health

• Is there a counselor near you? You could ask for recommendations for low/no cost treatment options and for information on if there is a teen mother's group near you. Getting connected with people who are experiencing the same things you are is very important!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 10:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Churches have many mentors and people who will give great advice and they can be objective... and its always free and confidential...
    Mamakat90

Answer by Mamakat90 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• most areas have a crisis hotline. Folks there will listen. You can also go to a group for folks with depression. They are usually understanding and will listen to you but will probably want you to listen to them as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Ive been there. U can message me when u need some1 2 talk to. But i agree with pp's suggestions.
    ChaoticSoul

Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2009