Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im 17 and i feel really depressed.

I try talking to my daughters father/boyfriend and he won't listen. And my parents are too consumed with their own lives. I feel like I have no one to talk to. Where do I go to get help or what do I do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Health

Answers (5)
  • Is there a counselor near you? You could ask for recommendations for low/no cost treatment options and for information on if there is a teen mother's group near you. Getting connected with people who are experiencing the same things you are is very important!

    Answer by psugal at 10:44 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • Churches have many mentors and people who will give great advice and they can be objective... and its always free and confidential...

    Answer by Mamakat90 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • most areas have a crisis hotline. Folks there will listen. You can also go to a group for folks with depression. They are usually understanding and will listen to you but will probably want you to listen to them as well.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

    Answer by rkoloms at 11:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

  • Ive been there. U can message me when u need some1 2 talk to. But i agree with pp's suggestions.

    Answer by ChaoticSoul at 2:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
How to deal?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Thinning hair

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN