i was given 2 due dates????

2 weeks apart and the dr wont give me an ultrasound till late august ...the 28th to be exact now by then i will be 19 weeks ...or 17 weeks is this normal and does anyone else have horrible cramping

firstbaby10

Asked by firstbaby10 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Due dates given by ultrasound are often wrong. Don't trust them. And don't let your doctor induce you before the lastest due date you're given (and actually, not until 2 weeks after that with good medical reason). The best way to know your due date is to chart your cycles and know the day you concieve.

And if your cramping is new and really bad, call your doctor ASAP. Don't freak out or anything, but better safe than sorry.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:56 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i would say it is normal, because a due date is just an estimate. A lot of doctors are leaning towards due weeks now. Did you know the exact day that you missed you period?? alot of times, if you have irregular periods before you get pregnant that could throw off when you think you got pregnant. Since you aren't that far along( i know it probably feels like forever lol) i wouldn't be concerned, and just wait it out for the u\s. Yes cramping is normal.... i had alot of cramping through out my pregnancy, i thought i was getting my period.... and i didn't even realize that i was pregnant till i was 8 or 9 weeks because i thought it was just running late! good luck!!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 10:57 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i had 2 due dates as well. I went to the public health center for a pregnancy test and they guessed my due date to be april 18th (of '08) based on my last period. however my ob/gyn guessed april 14th based on the ultrasound more than the last period. the public health center was off by one day (son was born apirl 19th)!!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:01 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• ha i had 3 due dates!! and neithe child made it to them!

with my first the original due date was july 18th... the new due date was july 5th and he was born june 30th..

my end first due date was sept 1st.. new date was sugust 13th, then moved to august 4th and he came july 26th...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Actually the earlier you can get an ultrasound the better! To predict your due date that is. The first 3 months so much is going on day by day it is actually more accurate than going by your cycle. Early on that is. You really never know when you ovulate unless you did a test to find out. Then you should already kow exactly when your due. I can't ever go by my cycle I am on pregnancy #4 and have always had 1-3 periods while pregnant so if I went by my cycle and not an ultrasound I would be pregnant about a year on average.
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 8:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2009