What are some things I should definitely pack in the hospital bag???!

I'm due next weekend ! and i'm starting to get freaked out ! lol
but I was wondering what I should pack??? What are some things that you couldn't live without and were glad that you brought ?

1baby2009

Asked by 1baby2009 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A skirt. I didn't want to wear pants so I wore my skirt from when I was pregnant....like every day even for a while after I went home. It's just more comfy IMO
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:06 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• bring your own pads with wings!!! i had my mom run out and get me some because the hospital had awful ones.
    i really didn't use to much at the hospital so i would pack lightly. I stayed in the gown the entire time, and they gave me wore cozy socks. They give you sooo much to bring home i would just pack what you absolutely need.. clothes for the day you leave, baby clothes, tooth brush, hair brush, big old granny panties, camera.. i wouldn't go to crazy trying to bring everything with you.. and if you forget something there is always someone to go get it :) good luck!!
    ashjacks4

Answer by ashjacks4 at 11:08 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Extra pillows - the ones on the hospital beds are so uncomfortable! Also go out and get some big granny panties that you don't mind getting stained. The hospital will give you mesh underwear and it caused such a skin irritation it wasn't even funny!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 11:12 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• baby book, clothes 4 you & baby, camera,slippers,robe,brush,movie
    the hospital will give you female products,diapers/wipes,
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:13 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Baby book, clothes... you're favorite lounge outfit... slippers, camera, brush, toothbrush, shampoo, bathing supplies.... I don't know about all hospitals, but mine had Always pads... I also packed some of my own snacks. Things that I liked, but knew the hospital wouldn't have... That helped ALOT
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:20 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• youve rec'd good advice... I wore what I wore to the hospital home, I only had it on for an hour anyways. and after my first, I was shocked at the size and feeling of goo my belly was at for discharge. I also brought a pillow. My shampoo and toothbrush, but they can give you that stuff. I brought a cute hat and blankie for the baby and my hubby brought his go home outfit with the carseat when I was ready to go. Oh and they give you those slipfree socks, but I brought my slippers too. thats about it..I hope all goes well!!
    Kerinmomof2

Answer by Kerinmomof2 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• lotion is a biggie for me...I was feeling so dry and whatever that I was so happy to have lotion. all the other advice is good. I really didn't use much while I was there. I used maybe a third of the stuff I brought. Make sure you have the camera and batteries, phone chargers, toiletries. That's pretty much it honestly.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• i brought lanolin cream for my nipples... saved us!!!!

and then the nesicaties.. clothes, i didnt wan tot be in a hospital gown, i used the toalitroes they give you.. pads and all were provoded... camera, drivers liscence.. ss cards.
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:24 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Baby book, granny panties, lounge or pj clothes, brush, toothbrush and paste, pillow if you prefer your own, an outfit for baby to go home in (or more if you want to have him clothed while in the hospital). Hubby also brought in our dvd player and movies since I was there for 3 days. Love him for that. Books if you read for times when you are awake and when baby is being checked by doc. Thats just what i brought.

MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2009