ladies pregnant with BOYS:

To those who have had boys recently, or who are pregnant with boys:
-What were your symptoms?
-were any of the old wives tales true?
-did you get awful headaches?
-what did you crave?
-did you 'just know' it was gonna be a girl?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well i never had morning sickness with my son, w/my dd all the time!
    i craved steak and baked potatoes throughout the whole preg
    no headaches
    i knew from day one it was a boy, was the same w/my daughter
    as far as the old wives tale, the way i carried was def different and that tale ended up being true for me
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I am 34 weeks pregnant with my baby boy Connor. As far as pregnancy symptoms went, I was EXTREMELY tired at the very beginning. I mean like sleeping 14 hours a day and still being exhausted, tired. I also had "afternoon" sickness the first 10 weeks. I would feel sooo sick until I would eat something, but I would have to eat very slowly or else it would make it worse. I did not get awful headaches, and after the first 10 weeks, I really felt fine. Like I wasn't even pregnant. I wanted mostly salty things, like french fries, and also lots of meat like hamburgers and steak. Not so much sweet stuff, although I was on an orange juice kick for awhile. No wives tales ending up being true, in fact they all suggested I was having a girl. And yes, I just knew it was a boy.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:31 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I had my son 4 months ago and found out at 3 weeks preggers, I knew from the moment I found out it was going to be a boy, I was constantly tired, craved EVERYTHING... Snickers saved my life and relationship with SO lol I carried different, had headaches during the entire second and beginning of third trimesters.... But it was TOTALLY worth it, he's a beautiful, healthy 17 pound breastfed baby boy and I love him more than I ever though I could! Good luck with your little man, it's absolutely incredible and your life will NEVER be the same but in a good way
    wannabee_mommy

Answer by wannabee_mommy at 11:38 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• I had three boys and had 3 totally different pregnancies. I was very sick with the first, even sicker with the second (needed meds for morning sickness), and barely nauseaus(sp?) with the third. I carried all three differently, had no headaches or heartburn, and craved only healthy things, could not eat sweets at all, but fruit and veggies were my life savers.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• Im 21 weeks
    symptoms: nausea, indegestion, headaches, back pain, emotional wreck
    wives tales: carrying low was correct, wide belly false, fast heart beat false, chinese calender correct
    headaches: yes mostly 1st trimester
    cravings: None specific but pickles when I can, grape juice, lemonade
    girl?: at first we 'knew it was a boy' but then we started to think girl out of fear of having our hopes for a boy be gone and not being happy for a girl...so we were just trying to think of the good things that come with having a girl to feel happy just in case
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009

• -What were your symptoms? Sick all the time, food aversions, hot all the time, RLS, Premature Atrial Tachycardia, INSANE heartburn, Indigestion, back spasms, sciatica and I too was an emotional wreck.

-were any of the old wives tales true? No. They ALL said I was having a girl.

-did you get awful headaches? Sometimes

-what did you crave? Rootbeer. Garlic and Parmesian Mashed Potatoes.

-did you 'just know' it was gonna be a girl? I was convinced it was because everyone else said it was. I kinda lost my own ability to guess the gender because everyone else's opinions were too strong.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:11 AM on Jul. 3, 2009