fighting sleep....

so my DD is just over 10 months old. I don't have any problems putting her to sleep at nite. she sleeps with us which I love. But for the last couple of weeks she doesn't want to be held or rocked or anything to go to sleep. She just fights it. I lay her down with her binki and she just crawls around the bed and cries. I try to "walk" her, rock her, bounce her and she will fight it for up to 2 hours.....if I put her down she cries. Other than sleep time, she is very independent, plays on her own, crawls around, I don't know what to do if anything...has anyone gone through this and was it just a phase??

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 11:42 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Girl, I am going through that at this very moment!! I mean literally I just logged on to beg someone for sleep advice!!! I feel your pain! If you get any great advice PLEASE let me know! I feel SO worn out!!!
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 12:48 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• it is a phase and she is testing you to see if you will lug her around lol. babies get so overtired they cant sleep so try some soothing bedtimes things like a warm bath a book a last minute bottle....and make those thing s a routine. good luck and hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:26 AM on Jul. 3, 2009