sleeping on your side?????

i have been told by several people that i should only sleep on my left side, because of the blood flow to the baby.. when i was pregnant with my daughter i slept however i could.. i think i mostly slept on my right side because she was always on my left. She is fine. never had any problems. i cant seem to fall asleep on my left side, should i just continue sleeping on my right side or will i hurt the baby????? this is very confusing to me. i never had anyone tell me how i should sleep.
thanks!

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 11:58 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My doctor always told me either side.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I have been told the same thing, so I looked it up in like 5 different prego books lol. What I came up with was that left side is optimal, especially if you have blood pressure problems, but up until 16 weeks (average) any position is ok as long as you are comfy. They say not to sleep on your back after that point because your uterus compresses some really major blood vessels, which is not good for you or the baby. They don't give a restriction on sleeping on your tummy because it's not even comfortable for most women after a while.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• The left side is healthier to sleep on in-general, pregnant or not. It honestly doesn't matter so long as you are not flat on your back during the late stages of pregnancy (unless your doctor says you can lie on your back).

Good luck!
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• thanks so much! it seems like they come up with new things all the time on what you should and shouldnt do!
    thanks ladies
    jannaboo

Answer by jannaboo at 12:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• i slept on my tummy with my daughter the whole pregnancy. do w/e is most comfy for you.
    hayleighsmommy1

Answer by hayleighsmommy1 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 3, 2009