Do you think the country's lack of moral has put us where we are?

I have heard many say they in fact do think that this plays a part in the shape this country is in. What are your thoughts ladies?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 11:59 PM on Jul. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No, not morals. I think more like a lack of character, respect for others, and too much TV. And it's not the sex scenes that are the worst...it is the constant consumerism being pushed. I just think people are not living in the real world.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:10 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No, I think its just a cycle. What about the Great Depression, what caused that, lack of morals? All economies go through corrections like we are having now.
    teampalmer4

Answer by teampalmer4 at 12:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think it is more the lack of accountability. It all starts there. If people are allowed to get away with actions and not held accountable for them, whether stealing a pack of gum, or putting a country in trillion dollar debt, we are all in bad shape.

thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:20 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Thundernlight: I think you hit the nail on the head!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think alot of things have gone downhill that play a factor in our society. I don't think children and teens get as much attention and parental supervision as they should. I also think that people are rude, disrespectful, greedy, and ungrateful. People never show empathy, and alot of people are out to cut others throats just so that they can get something for themselves. I am not usually a negative person, but I just remember that when I was a kid the cashier at the grocery store was never afraid to say Hi, How are you? But anymore my 3 year old says Hi about 3 times and many Cashiers will barely look up. Sad, I know. But thats just how people have gotten. Hate to see where it will go.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Sex. drugs, gangs, welfare being treated as a way of life, violence, video games, the internet., entertainers, comedians,.........I could go on but does it help to blame? I think if we had more parents who REALLY, and I mean REALLY gave a crap about what their kids do, learn, how they behave and what they are exposed to, then we would be raising more upstanding citizens. I am talking about just our general population. I haven't even started on the politicians.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think it is more about the Lack of Responsibility and the Death of Common Sense.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• All of the above answers tie into morals. Accountability, responsibility, greed, selfishness etc etc ALL play into having morals. So the answer is absolutely. The question is what are we going to do about it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I agree with both anons, :24 and :34. Morals, ethics, character, whatever you want to call it, are vanishing and YES, it absolutely does play the biggest role in what's happening to our nation right now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Absolutely. As is true with most things, you give one group an inch,they will take a mile,then the next one comes along,and wants that same mile,and pretty soon, everything has gone to hell in a handbasket.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Jul. 3, 2009