Would you let your 14 year old get drunk at a party?

My son will be a freshman this year and one classmate is pregnant and this past weekend I found out another one was drunk at a party and sexted a 18 year old boy that I know. Mind you this girl is 14. I was in total disbelief that a parent would allow this. Am I the only one that would kick my kids ass for doing this?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 12:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My kids aren't that age, but my sister is. I'd be whooping her ass if I found out she was doing any of these things. She has a classmate who is pregnant with her second kid. Seriously, a sophomore with 2 kids?
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I dont have a kid that old but i would kick my brother or sisters ass for that and then put a chastity belt on her
    Lacrisha

Answer by Lacrisha at 12:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Parents think that it is ok, if they let them do it at their own house. It is ridiculous. As a parent I would never allow this. But I was in with this crowd in high school and most parents just turn the other cheek. Even after we lost a classmate to drunk driving, the parents hosted a keg in their son's honor after the funeral. How ridiculous is that!
    simplysmiles13

Answer by simplysmiles13 at 12:43 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I would definetely open a can of whoop ass!!!!!!!!!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• NO! Even if you aren't really AGAINST drinking, if you act like the "cool mom" then your kids will just think they can walk all over you in every situation. You will become their friend and cease to exist as a parent. Don't bend.
    r_elizabeth2290

Answer by r_elizabeth2290 at 12:46 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Hell no!! I do not even condone prom parties or grad parties with booze and kegs
    I know my 16 yr old has been to drinking parties but she's disgusted at the way kids behave when they drink and steers her clear from wanting to drink
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• My 12 year old neice went to a sleepover where they were provided alcohol. She tried telling me about it like she was just the coolest kid and I told her, "I don't want to hear it". Later when we had a get together I hear her mom bragging about it also to HER mom! oh yeah and the grandma just thought it was hilarious.I mean WTF?? I just walk away when they talk like that.
    Funny how the kids came to ME last night to tell me that my neice was accosted by a 17 year old. :sigh:
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllll noooooo...I don't like people spanking childern..But in that case..I WOULD BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HER,THE BOY SHE HAD SEX WITH,THE CHILD THAT THREW THE PARTY AND THE PARENTS!!!!!
    probably go to jail tho..hehe
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 1:23 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• It would be ass kicking time......
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oh kick my sons ass I would!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 3:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2009