Christians mom only please

Tonight in my youth class two of them turn 18. They are still young enough to be in the youth but decided not to come to my class without notice. As I try to talk to them after class they both kept avoiding me like I am stalking them or something. I am thinking what's up? For the past year I have prayed these girls through picked them up for church, counseled with them and everthing. Am I reading too much into this or what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• cont. I also try very hard not to play the race card. I am black and all of my youth group is white. Do you think this could be an underlying issue as well?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think you are probably reading too much into it. Just because they didnt show up and didnt call means nothing. I dont know many people who call when they cant make it to a church function. Most people dont look at skin color anymore either so thats nothing to think about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• They were there, they just decided to go to the adult class.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• They were probably just really excited to be able to finally attend the adult class. Maybe they felt bad about not going to your class and that's why they seemed to avoid you.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 12:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Is it really that big of a deal?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 12:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• yes it is a big deal. These are my spiritual children who I have prayed with and devloped spiritually to work in the ministry at church. For example; one of my students is called into praise and worship but had very low self esteem and was very shy. Now she is up singing for alter call. At one time you can threaten to put her in oil she would not go ( just a figure of speech) LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think their fine. If the yare going to the adult class just be glad that they are going. I would giv ethe ma week or two then when you see them agian askthem how the studies are going. Pray for them to still be walking in rightousness and pray that God will guide them. It is so hard to let go but you have to. You cna't fight the battle over their soul but you can do something, PRAY. That is so effective people don't even know how powerful. So agian I say pray but if they stray they're making an educated decision. They know of God and have studied and have made their own choice. I will pray for them to find God's truth and stay the course and win the battle over their soul and be in heaven and the new earth.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Pray without ceasing, as scripture tells us to do. You have done what you could have and should have, as their Youth Pastor- now it's time to put it in God's hands :-)
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• rhanford and mrshart those are very encouraging words. I am a pretty strong person I thought. I guess I am a little sentimental. I have grown pretty attached to them in the past year. thanks.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I do not think it has to do with the color of your skin as much as it has to do with these girls just acting out and being rebellious. To them you are the adult. The "enemy". I would not read to much into it. It is a phase and will pass. The only thing you can do for them is pray that they will not become to destructive in their new found freedom. Sadly, most teens that hit 18 think they have this new freedom, and tend to shy away from adult figures in order to learn for themselves. I would not take it personally. It's just a phase.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jul. 3, 2009