Does anyone else have a child allergic to cow's milk and soy milk?

Just looking for someone that can relate to this issue and talk about it. Cause nobody I know has this same situation

hayleighsmommy1

Asked by hayleighsmommy1 at 12:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My daughter had an intolerance to cow's milk and somewhat to soy. I gave her almond milk instead. I gave her soy cheese and yogurt with enzymes to help with digestion, no more than once a day. I recently had her tested and found many other foods that she was intolerant to. We cut those out too. After a few months we stopped after no change in behavior (sleepy or agitated) attributed to the foods. After 2 years mosly cow's milk free with enzymes, we added back milk and then phased out the enzymes. She is 7 now and can eat mostly what she wants. Hold in there, often food allergies change as a child gets older.
    jthor

Answer by jthor at 12:02 PM on Jul. 3, 2009

• No sorry I don't. My dd is just allergic to cows milk. My mom however is allergic to cows milk and soy milk. She drinks Rice Milk. Maybe give that a try? They also make almond milk and hemp milk. Good luck.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:38 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• goats milk
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:40 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• id try goats milk on her thats what i would try first and then i would just work my way down the list like rice milk. almond milk, or hemp milk
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 1:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Past the age of two, this shouldn't be an issue, water is all we need to drink. We use mostly rice milk for cooking; I like hemp milk, but it is too expensive. I am considering getting a soy milk maker; it can be used with rice, oats, hemp, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:22 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Not personally, but I had a child in daycare that was allergic to soy and dairy. His mom gave him oat milk. There is also, almond milk, goats milk too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:31 AM on Jul. 3, 2009