So, who else beside me, is totally freaked out about North Korea???

Last week, one of the greatest artists this world ever had, the late Michael Jackson, was all over the news. I was one of the many, glued to the TV, devastated and in total disbelieve that he had really died! At the same time, North Korea, or more it's Goverment, continued to threaten the United States of America. Sadly, you didn't hear anything about that, or almost. There were only a few minuted dedicated to this subject.
Now, North Korea has launched more rockets and its feared that they could launch more going our way.
I looked at my children earlier, while they're were playing outside, and thought "what am I gonna do if they start attacking us?". What AM I going to do???
I don't know if I'm the only one who's scared right now, maybe I'm overreacting????

trisandkksmom

Asked by trisandkksmom at 12:41 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well hun, I know that I let this issue bother me for a long time. I worried about my babies and thier future and what I would do if it happened. But then I realized that there was nothing I could do. It was out of my control. Whatever happens will happen, and I know that its not easy to just push it aside but I also realized something else very important. That was "How is al this worrying affecting the way I spend my time with my children?". Instead of being anxious and crazy around them so that they felt as though something was wrong, I had to just push it aside and just take every precious moment with my children just in case. If anything major and terrible every happens, I want my kids thinking about how much fun we had and not how long I have been worrying and making them worry before it got the way it got. Sorry that this is so scary to you, Its scary to me too- but just remember you can only control your own actions.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Dont be so paranoid they haven't got the means to hit us yet. HOWEVER... Hillary needs to be talking to China to get them to help get NK under control. She was all about GW when she was there with No known mention of NK and China basically laughed at her. VERY BAD POLICY.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• how can YOU be so sure of that??? and i wouldn't call it paranoid, really. i'm concerned, i'm concerned for my children. did anyone ever expect some crazy assholes to fly planes into the worldtrade center? don't think so. nowadays we have to expect the unexpected. and don't get me wrong, i'm not stocking up on water and food fearing we're gonna get nuked any second. i'm just scared they're gonna TRY. and just trying will mean ANOTHER WAR the USA will be involved in, and that's just something i'm definetly NOT looking forward to.
    trisandkksmom

Answer by trisandkksmom at 12:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I have a lot of family in Hawaii. I also own land there. It does scare me. I read that the N koreans launched a few test missles today:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090702/ap_on_re_as/as_nkorea_missile
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I do belive we have been lucky as a country that another 9/11 has happened. This country is ran by those that have less common sense then some 5th graders. But to answer your question, as others have stated there is really nothing that we can do as civilans. Our hands are tied, so just try not to think about it. What will be will be.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 12:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Did anyone really expect Pearl Harbor? and look at the cold war arms race we had with Russia for all those yrs. NK at this point is just trying to test. They don't have the capability to hit use and its not likely they have the tech to attach a nuclear warhead to a longrange missile. But what you need to concern yourself with is what Obama and Hillary will do about it before they DO get that capability.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:59 AM on Jul. 3, 2009