How do you feel about seeing a child in the back of a shopping cart?

I used to think I would never do that...but a couple times I had to, It still bothers me when I see it though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in General Parenting

• What are you talking about? Kids riding in the shopping cart? I think that is the norm here.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• As long, as they are sitting down flat on their bottoms it doesn't bother me. My daughter begs me to sit in the back. I let her when it's going to be a quick in and out trip.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 12:49 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I let mine do it because my son was able to unbuckle the safety strap and get back there. I used to have to do that when I had two under the age of 2. And I also hate it when someone says something to me. Just let me shop..I've never had an incident. It's stressful enough going into a store with the two of them, last thing I want is some busybody telling me what I should and should not do with my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Oh, you mean like where the groceries go? We do that all the time. I have twins, and most stores don't have the double seats. One kid goes in main basket, and the other goes where the child is supposed to sit.

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with it.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I think "at least that kid isn't running crazy through the store." Shopping has to be the hardest thing to accomplish (for me with more than one child especially). Whatever a momma has to do to get her shopping done and keep her children safe is fine by me.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:55 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I do it, I have two small kids, there is no way I would even get one item in my cart if the kids were running around. I do try to get a cart with two seats though. Several stores here have a toy car type place for the kids to sit and attached is a cart.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:00 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I cringe. I've heard of too many kids permanently hurt from falling out. I've even read of one death.
    If it's an older child - 5 or older - and she's sitting quietly, I don't mind it as much. But when I see a child standing up, I just want to throttle the mom or dad. Especially when the child is too young to realize he needs to work hard to keep his balance or so old that the shopping cart sides only come up to his knees.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I used let my youngest ride in the back a lot when she first learned to stand. She liked to practice standing and wasn't tall enough to topple over and out. My oldest gets to ride in the back when she has "ants in her pants" so she's not running around/hiding in clothes racks/ generaly causing a rukus.
    LENNYGRACELOVE

Answer by LENNYGRACELOVE at 1:03 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I don't think anything of it as long as they are sitting down
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:05 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Wow, I never thought that anyone would have a problem with it. My kids stand up occasionally, and I have to make them sit down, but if someone had the audacity to say something to me about it, they would be put in their place.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 1:06 AM on Jul. 3, 2009