Why do so many people hate Kirk Cameron?

I've heard several Moms on here express their anger or dislike towards Kirk Cameron (actor on that old show and some new Christian movies (fireproof, left behind trilogy) I've always liked him and have never heard any controversy about anything that he's said so I'm curious as to why so many dislike him. PLEASE don't turn this into an argument :-)

MrsHart6

Asked by MrsHart6 at 12:50 AM on Jul. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Photobucket

He is a bit if a religious nut. Not that that is bad, but not my thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Kirk Cameron is truly converted. he tells the truth about sin and talks against it. Anyone that truly converts will be called a religious nut.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I don't hate him. I would never go track him down and rip out all of his nose hair, but I don;t particularly like him. I think when people are that religious, they are missing something else in their lives.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I never thought he was a religous nut... He just believes very strongly in his faith and he defends it. He is just in the public eye and gets more criticizm for what he does, and says than the average Joe. I really liked the Fireproof movie. The man can ACT!!!
    NewMom101

Answer by NewMom101 at 12:57 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• That is the thing I think it is an act. He was never a very good actor so I think he found a niche and now has a guaranteed job for a while.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• The movie DID have a good message, whether or not a person has faith, the idea of how to fireproof ur marriage, IMO should be taught to everyone prior to marriage. They are good ideas and work pretty well with ambition and hope. I don't think it deserved an oscar as far as the acting is concerned, but I think the point was the message, not the skill. By the way when he was on Growing Pains, I had a crush on him and a nice big poster from Big bop magazine on my wall, LOL, how long ago was that? He's a good looking guy, even now, just not a good actor. It must run in the family because neither was his sister, Candice. I hated Full house, too cheesy
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:13 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• Mumma28, Thank you for giving me the name of the show he was on, Growing pains- that was driving me nuts that I couldn't think of it!!!

I had a huge crush on him as well, he was one of tv's first "bad boys" lol and YES, that was so long ago I don't even want to think about it (it makes me feel old lol)
    MrsHart6

Answer by MrsHart6 at 1:37 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I totally respect him, he is living for Christ, and making a stand for rightneous, and he helping others to come to Christ, and. more, and being an great example of how we should follow Christ..
    ahortiz5

Answer by ahortiz5 at 3:44 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I dont hate him he is my brother in Christ and he is doing the will of the Lord and we as Christians should not worrie about what people think or say about us but worrie about what GOD thinks of us :)

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:19 AM on Jul. 3, 2009

• I have no feelings for him one way or another.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 6:45 AM on Jul. 3, 2009